The properties of hemp have been known since ancient times. The plant has been used since the dawn of time as a panacea for many ailments. Unlike hemp does not contain the narcotic substance THC, which is why it cannot be used as an intoxicant. However, the secret to their powerful therapeutic properties is another natural ingredient – cannabidiol, or CBD for short.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol or CBD is one of over 80 compounds from a group of molecules called cannabinoids, and one of over 480 compounds naturally found in hemp. Of these substances, CBD and THC are found in hemp in the highest concentrations – which is why they are the most recognized and best studied.
CBD is the legal and most important active ingredient in medicine and hemp, with a very broad spectrum of effects. Of the several hundred substances found in hemp, CBD has the strongest health properties. CBD oil from hemp is not psychoactive and can be used as a versatile therapeutic agent without fear of altering consciousness. Cannabidiol(CBD) unlike THC has no side effects, is not intoxicating or addictive.
CBD is a completely safe ingredient in hemp that mimics the effects of substances naturally found in the human body. Substances with similar effects and chemical structure can be found in everyone’s body and even in breast milk. Cannabidiol is perfectly tolerated by the human body, and it is impossible to overdose. CBD is a plant oil that can only be found in nature in hemp.
Therapeutic properties of cannabidiol(CBD):
- Neuroactive and neuroprotective – fights neurodegenerative and mental disorders, regenerates nerve cells in the body, stimulates the nervous system, counteracts and prevents neurodegeneration, has a relaxing and antispastic effect
- Anticancer – attacks and destroys cancer cells, inhibits the multiplication of cancer cells, leads to apoptosis or suicide of cancer cells
- Antioxidant – reduces oxidative stress, slows and prevents cell and tissue aging, supports the body’s natural defenses, protects against free radicals
- Anti-inflammatory – inhibits the inflammatory process, fights inflammation, prevents inflammation
- Analgesic – relieves pain, soothes and eliminates pain throughout the body used both internally and externally
- Antipsychotic – sobers and clears the mind, combats psychosis and anxiety, calms and soothes, has a relaxing effect, facilitates falling asleep and ensures a good night’s sleep
- Antiemetic – reduces nausea and vomiting, stimulates thirst and appetite, improves metabolism
- Antibacterial – has strong antibacterial properties, annihilates bacteria and prevents their multiplication, slows down their growth
- Antifungal – prevents the development of fungal diseases, kills mold and fungi
- Anti-allergic – soothes and eliminates symptoms of allergies,
- Immunological – stimulates the body’s natural immunity, stimulates homeostasis
- Dermatological – accelerates wound healing, fights skin diseases, rejuvenates the epidermis
How does CBD work?
The reason why hemp works so well for so many ailments and diseases is the endocannabinoid system, the central hub responsible for the health and proper functioning of almost every organism in the world. Cannabidiol stimulates nerve cells by harmonizing and regulating bodily processes. CBD is responsible for the correct course of basic physiological processes of the human body; such as appetite, thirst, movement, memory, sleep or pain perception. CBD and other cannabinoids are plant equivalents of human endocannabinoids 2-AG and Anandamide. They mimic their effects by stimulating the CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors. Cannabinoid receptors are found in all areas of the body, from the bone marrow to the skin, with most being found in the most innervated areas. Because of this, the pharmacological effects of CBD can be felt almost immediately after application.
Come and visit their page to get more information about best CBD lotion.